The Information I Collect:
If we are in contact over an enquiry (such as book reviews/copies), I collect only essential details from you (your name, e-mail address and postal address) in order to handle your enquiry. Your personal details will not be used for any other purposes.
If you wish to order any of my goods online, directly from me, I will ask you to provide the personal information that I need for this purpose (your name, e-mail address, phone number, delivery address).
These details will be collected through private messages on one of the social media platforms that I use. For the specific privacy policies of those social media platforms, please see below:
Where possible, I will delete any messages on social media, that contain any of your personal data such as: name, email address, postal address as soon as they have been used to process your order or enquiry.
In the vast majority of cases, orders for my books and merchandise will not be handled by me directly. My books are sold on Amazon, and most of my merchandise is sold through Redbubble. As such, please find their privacy policies below:
In cases where a third party may sell my books or products, please see their individual privacy policies.
I will never sell, distribute or disclose any of your personal information with any third party without your express consent.
Under the GDPR I use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to my newsletter or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages I send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that I send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages I send are in accordance with the GDPR. I provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. I hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
• Email address
• I.P address
• Subscription time & date
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have certain legal rights including:
• The right to access the personal data held about you
• The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
• The right to withdraw at any time any consent you have given to receive marketing material from us
• The right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you
• The right to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed, or no longer required
• The right to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary, or the legitimate interests we have in processing your personal data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject
• The right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office)
How To Contact Me:
If you any questions, comments or requests regarding my use of your personal data, or wish to delete your personal data from my records, please contact me by email to: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can private message me on social media.